Last updated on Saturday, 17 February 2018
It has been named after the builder of the Dubrovnik water supply - Onofrio della Cava from Naples. This ancient water supply was completed in 1438 and supplied the town with fresh water for 500 years! Trough the mouths of 16 stone "maskerona" (gargoyle heads) water flows into the pool encircling the fountain.
Back in its time, the fountain was a master piece supplying fresh water to the citizens from Ombla river, 12km away.
Address & contact details
- Street: Poljana Paska Milicevica
- Postcode: 20000
- City: Dubrovnik