The Ethnographic collection that has been gathered since the first decade of the 20th century was first displayed in 1950.
Last updated on Sunday, 18 February 2018
Rupe is located in a 16th century granary at the Western part of the Old town. The original appearance of the ground floor was preserved during renovation, and three wells have been opened. The Ethnographic collection that has been gathered since the first decade of the 20th century was first displayed in 1950 on the second floor of St. Johns fortress and moved to Rupe at the end of 1980.
The wells became a part of the collection and were added to the exhibitions of everyday life and economic activities of the area including: folklore costumes, handcrafts, jewelry, agricultural tools, lace and more
Address & contact details
- Street: Od Rupa 3
- Postcode: 20000
- City: Dubrovnik
- Telephone: +385 (0)20 323 056
- Fax: +385 (0)20 322 096
- Adults 80kn
- Groups 60kn (10+ pax)
- Students/pupils 25kn
- Free entrance during the Night of Museums.
- * Stated prices include all city owned museums:
- The Rector's Palace, Maritime Museum, Ethnographic Museum, Archeological museum, House of Marin Drzic, Art gallery Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik natural history museum, Dulcic-Masle-Pulitika gallery, Atellier Pulitika
- Winter 09:00-16:00, closed on Tuesdays
- Summer 09:00-16:00, closed on Tuesdays