It was first mentioned in written documents from 1281. under the name Transfiguratio Domini
In the 14th century the chucrh was the seat of a blacksmith brotherhood, whose oldest grave is now in front of the church (1423.)In the 13th century, Franciscan nuns established their convent here after many years taking care of the church.The two houses south, where they lived, have been completely restored in 1900. In 1932. 3 more stories were built on both.During the many years, the nuns collected many valuable works of art which are today a special collection in teh oldest parts of the convent. Most of the works are from the 18th century but older can also be found.Beside that valuable collection, there is also one of everyday use items, wool processing tools, weaving tools, liturgical utensil and more.
Address & contact details
- Street: Ulica Celestina Medovića
- Postcode: 20000
- City: Dubrovnik