Last updated 24 May 2019
Pleso airport, located 10km from Zagreb's city centre is the main International airport in Croatia. It is both a public and military airport as it is the base of the Croatian Air Force.
History and construction
Just 6 years after the first historic flight of the Wright brothers and aircraft airfield was built in Zagreb, between Selska street and the Crnomerec stream where the famous engineer Slavoljub Penkala managed to attempt the same on an aircraft he made himself.
Zagreb Airport at its current location opened on April the in 1962. year. It had a concrete runway with a length of 2.5km, a parallel taxiway, a passenger building area of 1000 m2, a parking space for 5 smaller aircrafts and a variety of smaller service facilities. In 1966., a new passenger building area of 5000 m2 was built, the platform extended and a modern administrative building with a control tower for regional air traffic control was added.
A new reconstruction has started in 2013 after Aeroports de Paris received a 30 year concession on Pleso to finance, design and construct a new passengers terminal. It should be done by mid to late 2016
How to get to Zagreb airport?
There is a direct line from the main bus terminal on Marin Drzic Avenue provided by Pleso prijevoz. The shuttle bus terminal is located at the ground floor. Timetable: Zagreb airport shuttle bus.. If you arrived to Zagreb by train, get onto the tram number 2 (direction Savišće) or 6 (direction Sopot) and get off at the 3rd stop to reach the main bus terminal.
After 8 PM, buses depart from the airport after aircraft landing.
One-way ticket costs 30,00 Kn.
Daily two-way ticket costs 40,00 Kn.
Travel time is half an hour.
Shuttle bus timetable 2019.
|Zagreb main bus station -> Zagreb airport|
|Zagreb airport -> Zagreb main bus station|
|After 20:00 buses from Zagreb Airport leave shortly after the arrival of the plane.|
Facilities at Zagreb airport
- Business lounge "Zrinjevac" for business-class passengers
- VIP lounge
- Faust Vrančić restaurant located on the first floor of the passengers building
- Art Café located in the Domestic arrivals area
- Ban Café located in International arrivals area
- Tin Café located in the transit areas
- Welcome Shop located in the immediate vicinity of Domestic Arrivals and Departures Area. It offers a wide range of useful travel products and daily domestic and international press
- Zagreb bank located within Passenger Terminal
- post office located within Passenger Terminal
- Internet corner
Address: Ulica Rudolfa Fizira 1, 10410 Velika Gorica
Phone: +385 (0)1 456 2222